The rental application provides you with relevant information about a renter’s housing history, employment & income, and living preferences so that you have all the information you need to find your best tenant yet!
The application is divided into six sections:
To begin the application, the renter selects whether they are applying as a tenant or co-signing for someone else. Then they move to the first section of the application where the renter creates a password and provides basic contact information including:
- Date of Birth
- Emergency Contact Information
The applicant provides information about housing history including:
- Current & past addresses
- Reason for moving
- The contact information of previous landlord(s)
Employment & Income
The applicant provides information about their current income situation including:
- Current & past employers including compensation
- Employer contact info
- Other income sources if applicable
- Current financial institution
Pets, Smoking, Vehicles, & Background
Applicant answers a few questions about their living habits & preferences/needs including whether or not an applicant has pets, plans to have vehicles at the property, or if they smoke.
The applicant also answers a few standard background questions making you aware of any criminal history, evictions, and other pertinent housing histories such as foreclosures. In this section, the applicant also has an opportunity to make you aware of any special needs.
If you added any custom questions to the application, they will be answered here as well.
After making their selections, applicants certify that all the information they are about to submit is correct and grant permission for their information to be shared with you.
The applicant has the opportunity to upload a photo-id, proof of income/employment, and any other documents you request. Make sure to reach out and let applicants know if you would like them to upload a particular document before they apply.
In the final section of the application, the renter is prompted to pay the application fee, $35 for TurboReport or $45 for TurboReport Pro, depending on which option you have selected.
At this point, the applicant has successfully created an account and can monitor the status of their application/screening report, purchase renters insurance, and edit their application info.
TurboTenant Pro Tip
- You can easily edit the renter's application after it is received. To update any information go to that renter’s profile, click on the Application Tab and then click Edit. This is helpful if any information is missing or there are changes to the original application.
- If you wish to receive an applicant's screening report instantly, make sure you enter your phone number and mailing address into your TurboTenant account. Learn more about instant screening reports. If you do have your phone and mailing address entered, the applicant will have the option to approve the credit and background check and verify their identity after completing the application.