At TurboTenant, we believe in making the rental process faster and easier. We introduced Instant Screening Reports so you don't have to wait days to get an applicant's credit and background history. We want you to get the information you need to rent with confidence - in a matter of seconds!
Here is How It Works:
1) Provide Your Mailing Address and Phone Number
First, you'll have to enter your mailing address and phone number into TurboTenant. TransUnion, the credit bureau, requires this information from you to request a renter’s screening report. To ensure that you never have to wait for a screening report, enter your mailing address and phone number in your Account Settings as soon as you can.
2) Applicants Preemptively Approve the Screening Request
TransUnion requires that an applicant approves the request and verifies their identity for you to receive their screening report (see why here). So you don’t have to wait for the applicant to receive the report, TurboTenant asks them to preemptively approve the request as part of the rental application, letting you see their credit and background history instantly.
If the applicant doesn’t approve the screening request as part of their application, you’ll need to wait for them to do so after you request the screening report.
3) You Request the Screening Report
Once you request the applicant’s screening report, you will receive it in seconds if the applicant has already approved the request and verified their identity. Applicants whose screening reports will come back instantly have the “INSTANT” label and lightning bolt icon.
4) You Fill your Vacancy Faster!
Instant screening reports remove the normal 2-3 days you have to wait for an applicant to approve the request. You’ll get the information you need to make a decision sooner and therefore fill your vacancy faster!
Didn’t get an applicant's screening report back instantly?
Here are the reasons you could have to wait to receive their screening report:
- Your mailing address and/or phone number were not entered into your TurboTenant account. You may enter them in Account Settings so that you get your next report instantly!
- The applicant didn’t opt to preemptively approve the screening report and verify their identity as part of their rental application. This means they will now have to do so after you request the report.
- The applicant’s identity verification expired. TransUnion only allows for an applicant’s identity verification to last for 30 days. If you requested their screening report 30 days after they already verified their identity, you will have to wait for them to verify it again.