Have a potential renter that you'd like to screen with TurboTenant? Requesting a screening report from potential tenants is a great way to help you rent with confidence & ensure that you find your best tenant yet! TurboTenant helps you get an easy-to-read criminal history, credit report, and past evictions from TransUnion, a leading credit reporting agency.
Requesting a report from someone who has already applied? Read our Help Article on How do I Request a Screening Report from an Applicant? (credit, criminal background and eviction reports)
1. Login to your TurboTenant account
2. Click Screen Applicant
Or if you already added a property, go to the Renters tab and click Only Request a Screening Report
2. Read instructions and click Request Report
3. Provide the renter's information and click Next: Rental Property
4. Pick the property the renter is applying to.
You will have the option to add a property if you have not already. Enter rent amount and security deposit amount. Click Next: Payment.
5. Choose who you would like to have pay for the screening report, Landlord or Renter.
6. If you choose to pay for the screening report, you will enter in your payment information. You will be charged the non-refundable fee immediately.
The applicant will be sent an email prompting them to answer a few identity verification questions from the credit bureau (and pay the fee if you request the Applicant Pays option). Once completed, we'll notify you by email so you can view their report.