When landlords and tenants enable a bank account to start making online payments, the second step is to verify identity, as seen below. If you are uploading a photo ID, there are a few things to keep in mind so that your identity can easily verified.
PHOTO ID REQUIREMENTS
Following is a list of suggestions to improve accuracy for Photo ID uploads
- Steady image
- Color image
- ID occupies most of image
- ID and text are aligned properly
- Plain black background
- Min resolution ~1200 pixels, minor axis
- Good natural lighting (avg pixel intensity ~150)
- No flash
- Name, address & DOB matches those supplied to us in base doc
Suggested File Size:
Maximum file size of 2 Mb for JPG images (most high quality JPG are around 1Mb).
Suggested File Type:
JPEG/PNG are the preferred file type for these images. Please remember that Base64 should be padded (see example below):
jpg - "data:image/jpeg;base64,<actual_file_data>"
png - "data:image/png;base64,<actual_file_data>"
When uploading photos to TurboTenant, please keep these tips in mind:
- Upload as a PNG or JPEG file — other file types will not be accepted.